Welcome to my Blog

Wow, you made it. Welcome to my blog. I trust that what I say here will be thought provoking and beneficial to you in some way shape or form. It's my desire to share with you what I've learned regarding navigating this journey we call life. Perhaps you can glean something from some passage of mine.
Much of this blog is in video format, so click a link if you don't see words after titles. Holla!
May God keep you. Wear the crown!

Peace is the presence of the goodness of God.
P. Jas.

Contributors

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Money


Hello Friends! Today I want to continue to share about money. I'm just going to jump right in and continue with the line of thought I had going in the last post.
How you spend your money will reveal in you what you truly value and what you actually worship.
I hope to reveal to you why the Christian is generous.The scriptures I'll share will operate under the assumption that anyone who's been born again of God, anyone awakened by the grace and mercy of God to the reality of God is going to be generous.
I want to point out to you a couple of verses where the Bible connects the heart and money. Eccl. 5.10 – Whoever loves money never has money enough; whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with his income. This too is meaningless.
The person who chases money as ultimate will live a meaningless life. Although he doesn't mention the spirit, soul, or emotions there, it is intrinsic within the text that if you're pursuing money as the answer to your emotional, spiritual difficulties, it's never going to solve it for you. You will never have enough money to be satisfied, content or to walk in the fullness of life. Matt 6.24 – No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.
This text just really breaks down the idea that you cannot serve both of these because you'll in the end betray one of them. So you have to serve God or money. 1 Timothy 6.10 – For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.
Hebrews 13.5-6 – Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” - So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”

I've just given you five of what could be a few dozen texts that link how you view and how you spend your money...So much so that I'd say that deep, significant spiritual growth into the fullness of what God has for us in Christ is impossible until you deal with this issue of money; how you see it, and how you use it.
Chew on that till tomorrow.  As always, your comments are welcomed and encouraged.  Keep the faith and wear the crown. Holla!

No comments: