Welcome to my Blog

Wow, you made it. Welcome to my blog. I trust that what I say here will be thought provoking and beneficial to you in some way shape or form. It's my desire to share with you what I've learned regarding navigating this journey we call life. Perhaps you can glean something from some passage of mine.
Much of this blog is in video format, so click a link if you don't see words after titles. Holla!
May God keep you. Wear the crown!

Peace is the presence of the goodness of God.
P. Jas.

Contributors

Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Church

The church. What a topic. The church has many critics, but no rivals. Lots of the opinions that are formed and trumpeted about the church come from people who aren't even in the church. Curious... I have a question. What does Jesus think about the church?
When we think of church our minds immediately gallop to the church gathering. We come, we greet, we sing, we pray, we listen, we seek, we repent...and all of those things are important. How often though do we stop and ask Jesus, “What do You think of the service Jesus?” Would Jesus be pleased?
Before I begin to attempt to unravel that notion I want to say something of the nature of Jesus with respect to His church. I find many times that churches and ministries try to make Jesus feel welcome and they feel that this should be the ambition of the attenders as well. I submit to you though that if it is His church, why should He be treated as a guest? He is Host, not guest. I think if we bear that in mind in designing what happens at the gathering, and aligning our expectations, we'd be far more effective at drawing all men unto Him even through the gathering.
Just food for thought. I'll get at you later with some more. Keep the faith and wear the crown. Holla.

P. Jas.

No comments: