Welcome to my Blog

Wow, you made it. Welcome to my blog. I trust that what I say here will be thought provoking and beneficial to you in some way shape or form. It's my desire to share with you what I've learned regarding navigating this journey we call life. Perhaps you can glean something from some passage of mine.
Much of this blog is in video format, so click a link if you don't see words after titles. Holla!
May God keep you. Wear the crown!

Peace is the presence of the goodness of God.
P. Jas.

Contributors

Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Sinners Prayer / Prayer of Salvation

Hey everyone. I want to talk about something very important today. This topic has been on my heart for some time now and I cannot take it anymore. There is no Biblical precedent for what we see happen week after week and in many cases day by day in churches and among church folks. I'm talking about leading someone in the "Sinners Prayer". Thanks be to God for folks who wanted to make Jesus available and as easy as possible to receive. There just is no Biblical basis for the supposition that a person can "repeat" a prayer and have a saving faith in Christ.
The only thing that will bring you to that is a belief in Him as the Bible says. Before you get too carried away you should know that God does not buy into your confession of belief without actions that "prove" your belief.(See the book of James).
I won't reinvent the wheel here as I've come across an article on this very topic that says what I'd like to say very well. Here's the link. "What Is The Prayer of Salvation?"
"What is the sinners prayer?"
Don't be deceived. Go with God and walk in the dust of Jesus.
Keep the faith and wear the crown.Wink

Secret tellingPeace is the presence of the Goodness of God
P. Jas.

No comments: